So easy to use that even your kids will say they cleaned the pool.
Let’s face it, if you have an on-ground pool, you’ve made the decision to invest in your leisure time. It’s well deserved. You’ve worked hard to rest easy. So shouldn’t you separate work from leisure for good?
Years ago, you and I can remember pool owners hand-scrubbing pool lining, and using long-handled vacuums and nets to remove leaves and debris. Luckily for us, the advancements in technology and the increase in demand has generated cost-efficient, automated pool cleaners to do most of the dirty work for us.
But with this increase in demand comes an increase in options, and the choices can be overwhelming for you the customer. That’s where I come in—your doctor of everything on-ground pools! I’ve created this helpful, printable list [see button below] on the 5 Best Automatic On-Ground Pool Cleaners. I ranked them based on giving you the best bang for your buck. Be sure to take this with you to your local pool supply store, Home Depot or Lowe’s, or use the below links for online shopping.
- If you read my last blog post about deterring ducks [link to other blog post], rodents and other pests from your pool, you’ve probably considered one of these three options: Hayward 100 Penguin [shop now], Hayward 500 Aquabug [shop now], and the Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale [shop now]. In addition to improving your swimming pool’s ambiance and cleanliness, kids love the idea of a toy animal acting as a household appliance. And don’t let the small footprint and cute design fool you. These automatic pool cleansers pack a serious vacumming punch for the price-point, and are some of the most popular amongst pool owners in the United States and Canada.
- Polaris is synonymous with high-quality pool cleaners, which is why their Vac Sweep 65 is such a bargain when compared to some of their robotic, smartphone controlled pool cleaners. Another best-seller in the US and Canada, the Polaris Vac Sweep 65 installs in minutes, cleans your pool in 3 hours or less, and has patented technology that loosens debris in hard-to-reach places without even touching the sides of your pool. How cool is that?
- The first time I saw the Pentair Kreepy Krauly E-Z Vac in action, I was blown away by the speed and the vacuuming power. To no surprise, this model has been around for years and is one of the most recommended by On-ground and Above-ground pool suppliers and manufacturers. I recently spoke with a customer who has had a Kreepy Krauly for 10 years! Durability that strong isn’t always common amongst pool cleaners, especially pool cleaners at this price-point.
The Top 3 Automated Pool Cleaners are all under $200… combine that with the time you’ll save from cleaning the pool yourself and it’s a win-win!
- My next two recommendations are a bit more expensive and robotic in nature. The Aquabot Pool Rover T is my favorite of the two because it doesn’t require a hose. Even better than that, the Rover T cleans your pool in just under an hour because of its advanced pre-programmed methodology for cleaning any pool. And for those of you that are nervous about wheels rolling on the bottom of your pool, the Pool Rover T’s wheels are covered in the same material as your lining—vinyl.
- The Pool Rover T’s younger brother, the Aquabot Pool Rover S2 40 also has the reputation for cleaning most on-ground and above-ground swimming pools in an hour’s time. It might not be as advanced as the Pool Rover T, but it definitely has been around longer, and it has hundreds upon hundreds of customer reviews to back that up. While it doesn’t have the vinyl covered wheels as the Pool Rover T, I’ve never heard from users of any troubles with marks or cuts. One feature that I forget to mention with the Pool Rover T that is also found in the Pool Rover S2 40, are the patented Neverstuck® rollers and non-marring wheels. These not only help with gentle cleaning and movement, but like your typical 4×4, they assist the cleaner with maneuvering around and over obstacles such as pool toys.
On-Ground Pools… Better looking, faster installation, and cheaper than In-Ground pools… and less likely to have debris blow in, or critters crawl in, because of its raised surface above the ground.
Click Here to Download Your 5 Best On-ground Pool Cleaners Shopping List